Today is the big day where millions of users connected their Apple touch device and wore out their mouse button by pressing the 'Check for Update' button.
The update is free for iPhones and $9.99 USD for iPod Touch users. The reason for the fee for iPod touch users has to do the way Apple does accounting for non-subscription devices.
- - Cut, Copy, & Paste system wide.
- - Landscape Keyboard for Mail, Safari, Messages, and Notes.
- - MMS (not for AT&T yet...)
- - Spotlight Search, similar to the Mac's feature.
- - Improved Calendar - CalDav support and enhanced MS Exchange support.
- - Enhanced Stock App.
- - Voice Memos (requires a built-in mic (not for 1st Gen iPod Touch)
- - Purchase Movies, TV Shows, and Audiobooks from the iTunes Store.
- - Faster Safari Browsing - Internet Tethering (not for AT&T yet...)
- - Stereo Bluetooth
- - Automatic Wi-Fi login
- - Parental Controls
- - Note Syncing
- - Shake to Shuffle your music.
- - Additional language support (30 languages & 40 keyboard layouts)
- - Mobile Me enhancements (Find your iPhone & Wipe capabilities).